Redlands Tailwind Café is the ancillary café located at Redlands Airfield in the picturesque village of Wanborough, just 10 minutes from Swindon town centre and a few minutes from J15 of the M4.
Redlands is an active airfield offering parachuting and microlighting and is also an organic beef farm.
Anyone visiting the airfield can use the café, it’s not just for pilots and skydivers. If you have an interest in aviation or just fancy watching something different at the weekend please come and visit us. If you have a flight or skydive booked you can pop along at any time to see what we do and familiarise yourself before your exciting day. Everyone’s welcome so please bring your family and friends.
Our café has indoor and outdoor seating available with a viewing area where you will have a fantastic view of the flying activities. Once you’re here you will be able to see the aircraft taking off and landing and the skydivers landing on the drop zone right in front of you. Redlands is quite unique in that you get to see everything when you are here including the ground training and parachute packing.
We have ample free car parking.
Registered Office: Redlands Airfield Redlands Farm Wanborough Swindon Wiltshire SN4 0AA
We pride ourselves on using top quality fresh ingredients across the menu and we are particularly passionate about our home made traditional cakes. Some of our menu options include:-
• Delicious bacon and pork & leek sausage baps
• Succulent quarter pound beef and cheddar cheese burgers
• Ploughmans with a choice of cheeses, home roast chicken or home baked ham and a wedge of home made bread
• Home made seasonal soups with home baked bread
• Jacket potatoes with a choice of fillings
• Sandwiches, paninis and toasted sandwiches - you choose your fillings from a wide selection of meats, cheese, salads and chutneys
A wide selection of our home made cakes are always available, our particular favourites are bread pudding, Victoria sandwich, carrot cake and double chocolate brownie layer cake.
We also offer Gluten free breads, sausages, soups and cakes.
Redlands Tailwind Café is open when the Airfield is open.
From now until the middle of December we are open every weekend and until the end of September we are also open on Fridays.
• Fridays 11.30am until 4.30pm
• Saturdays 8.00am until 5.30pm
• Sundays 8.30am until 5.00pm
If we’re still jumping or flying after these hours we often stay open later.
Parachuting and microlighting are both weather dependant sports so if it’s pouring with rain or is very windy, these activities are cancelled and the café will also close.
If you would like to check if we are open before you visit please give us a call on 07703 182756
• From M4 Junction 15 take A419 north (Swindon). Take third exit (for A420) and turn left. Follow signs towards Wanborough (you are now on the Wanborough Road shown below
• From M5 Junction 11A, take A417, then A419 towards Swindon
• From A419 (heading south) take A420 (Oxford) exit. Third exit from junction roundabout, signposted Wanborough. Follow signs towards Wanborough (on Wanborough Road shown below)
Contact details for Redlands Tailwind Café are the same as for Redlands Airfield:
Sarah and Joe Smith
Redlands Tailwind Café